Monday, January 24, 2011

I am worried that this means that Gerry

Well, he WAS going to the HOF before this, but I hope this last award will make him want to return instead of going out on top.One of these days, Roy is FINALLY gonna win wait and see.And yes, he is my favorite player, and yes, I know replica IWC 3714-02 watch this wasn't his year.I have already compared Roger and Roy's stats as well as Randy Johnson's comparable stats .The results of the MVN voting for the NL Most Valuable Rookie are available.Click here to read.(Sorry, link no longer works and I no longer remember who won…)The Astros have only had one ROY Jeff Bagwell in 1991.Since the ROY was first awarded in 1947:Dodgers have 16Cincy has 7ATL and St.

Louis have 6 eachGiants have 5Cubs and Mets have 4 eachPhillies have 3Montreal and Padres have 2 eachHou, Colorado and Fla have 1 eachGerry Hunsicker has suddenly resigned as Astros GM.He will be kept on staff as a “special advisor.” Tim Purpura, asst GM in charge of player development has been named as new GM.Gerry has done an replica IWC 3714-01 watch excellent job over the past 9 years, and I am absolutely stunned that he is leaving.This was, to put it mildly, sudden and unexpected.I am very worried about what this means with respect to signing Carlos.I am worried that this means that we won't sign our core young players to good deals.

I am worried that this means that Gerry and Drayton had a strong falling out and the “special advisor” thing is hush money.So I have decided that it is wiser to not hope for the best next year and get used to the idea that we will have to re-build without Carlos.(I just hope we don't resign Kent so we will at least have some of our own players to cheer for.) The local media aren't gonna say anything except the party line, so we'll have to guess replica IWC 5444-02 watch what went down by seeing who Purpura does or does not sign.As a side note, I will say that both Gerry and Purpura are well thought of by the stat community.UPDATE 11 2 I was wrong about the local columnists toeing the party line.